[These are the ones I was working on during the apple juice incident...]
I saw this idea in the book that came with my starter kit; you just make a spiral underneath your bead. I really like the effect.
It also had a variation where you wrap wire around the top of the bead too, which I tried. Can I just say, wow, that's hard?! I was completely awful at it. One earring turned out better than the other, ironically enough, my first attempt was the better of the two. I was pretty dissatisfied, but I do love those pink beads!
And for this pair, I thought I would try out a different shape.
The absolute hardest thing about doing the wire shaping is getting two earrings to be symmetrical! I saw a tool yesterday at the Potomac Bead Company designed to help with that. It's a board with lots of holes and pegs that fit into them. You arrange the pegs any way you want, then you wrap your wire around them. I think I "need" one of those for sure.
I would really, really love to hear your comments and suggestions since I'm so new at this!
Hope you have a great day!
Hope you have a great day!

















Amy,
ReplyDeleteThose are some really cute earrings!
Cherie
I quite obviously don't do jewelry making----so I'm not an expert, but I think they all look great. I love the shape of the last set--very creative.
ReplyDeleteYou could always get a board and drill holes into it, then place cut dowels in the holes. You could do it all for less than $3 if you have the tools to do it.
ReplyDeletenot sure I should add to your newish addiction but have you been to Beadazzled yet? On Charles Street in Baltimore - website is http://www.beadazzled.net/
ReplyDeleteAlso, another bead store in Columbia called Ambrosia - website is www.ambrosiabeadshop.com