Hey there, friends! In honor of the Paint Round of One Crafty Contest, I thought I'd spend some time this week showing you some paint-y inspiration! Starting with these:
Back in January, I showed you my pink and red bangle {and the secret message inside it}, but I never got to talk you through how I made a few more!
BLACK & SILVER STRIPED BANGLE
Materials:
- an unfinished wooden bangle {minewas provided by Banglewood Crafts}
- black acrylic paint
- silver Liquid Gilding {mine is Martha Stewart}
- super gloss Mod Podge
- paintbrushes
First, paint the inside of the bracelet with either the silver gilding or the black paint. Next, paint the entire outside of the bracelet with black paint. Use a paintbrush that is the width you want your stripes to be. Dip your brush in the gilding and make a stripe, quickly painting from the top to the bottom of the bracelet. Make another stripe on the other side of the bracelet, directly across from the first one. Then, make a stripe halfway between those two, and one directly across from it. Continue until you have the desired number of stripes. When it's completely dry, give it a coat of Mod Podge to seal the paint!
TEAL AND BLUE CRAZY STRIPES BANGLE
Materials:
- unfinished wooden bangle
- acrylic paint in several shades of blue/teal
- Glitter Mod Podge
- Super Gloss Mod Podge
- paintbrushes in several widths
Hope you enjoyed the paint inspiration; I can't wait to see what the contestants come up with for this round!
Hugs & Glitter,

















these are cute!my favorite is red one!!
ReplyDeletehugs
greate idea)) I like it!!
ReplyDeleteI love the blue!
ReplyDeleteLove them all.
ReplyDeleteI like the shimmer and glitter on them! Very nice...
ReplyDeleteEmily
A Tossed Salad Life
i'm not into jewelry but these are really cute, might try making a couple of them for my granddaughter
ReplyDeleteok, changed my settings (I think, lol). You can now send me email messages :)
ReplyDeletewhere is this profile you are talking about? i cahnged the settings in google+ but apparently my email address still isn't showing up for the blogger, any suggestions?
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! They are lovely.
ReplyDelete