My name is Carmella, I am the crazy girl behind the Creative Carmella Blog
I am so happy to be here today!
Being a lover of all things creative and involving my kiddos in most everything I do, you know I am a fan of One Artsy Mama! Always so much inspiration here...and I just love seeing pictures of her little crafter's sweet smile!
Today I am sharing a fun rainy day project that my kids {and my 11 year old brother} and I made.
Kinda fun, right??
My kiddos love night lights....I'll be honest, they have quite a collection!
But...I do believe they like these the best {for now, that is}
I was really excited to finally use the battery tea light candles I got at an after Christmas sale this past year. I knew I would have an idea for them sooner or later {and how could you beat a 75% off sale?!}
Here's what you will need:
Baby food jars
white tissue paper
battery operated tea-light candles
glue
assorted acrylic paints
To start, I cut the tissue paper into small squares {about 1 inch} to make it easy for the kids to work with them.
I put some glue on a plate and mixed in a very small amount of water to thin it out a bit.
{no need for exact measurements here, just enough to thin the glue slightly}
With our sponge brushes ready, we started painting on the glue and layering the tissue paper on. Once the entire surface of the jar was covered we let them sit to dry for a while
When they were all dry we let our "inner artists" take over and started painting!
I love the look of the light bulbs my brother came up with!
With the tea light added we were all done!
What do you think? Would your kids love these like mine do?
Amy, thanks so much for having me!
And a big thanks to you all for reading!
{to this stay at home mom, adult interaction during the day is always welcome, haha!}
********************
Be sure to come back tomorrow for a special giveaway from this talented lady...one of her special necklaces! See you then!



Thanks for having me, Amy! And...I feel silly that I shared a rainy day activity for the "Fun In The Sun" series....lol! But we can put this one in our back pocket for when the sun is hiding, right??
ReplyDelete