One Artsy Mama One Artsy Mama One Artsy Mama One Artsy Mama blog lovin'

May 18, 2011

Unexpected Twists

Today, I have a few unexpected "twists" to share with you...hope you enjoy. :)

1. You thought there was going to be ONE giveaway winner.
TWIST: There are going to be TWO!
I've been totally blown away by the number of entries for this contest!  So far, I have 42 comments which translate into 52 separate entries from 19 different ladies...and there are still 2 more days to enter!  Due to the overwhelming response, I decided to give away two necklaces instead of just one.  Good luck!
{If you haven't entered yet, click here.}

2. My friend Erin had an adorable little boy named Collin on May 22, 2010.
TWIST: She and her hubby got a surprise blessing, another baby boy, Cameron, who arrived on May 17, 2011!
Congratulations, Erin and Stephen!
Cameron weighs an impressive 9 lbs 2 oz, and is 21" long.
He and Collin are less than a year apart, which means Erin has her work cut out for her, but she is one amazing mama and I know their home will just have double the love and double the joy now!
Erin is a crafty mama herself; you may remember her as my inspiration for the super-cute handprint sheep we made back at Easter time.  She also happens to have entered my giveaway, leaving this comment.

"I like you lots in person and on facebook!
I am a follower (well, will be in one second...)
I would loooove 4 eggs for my sweet little family of four!(The boys birthstone is green, so maybe two green eggs, and then a blue and a red? who knows...)
I shall post this on my facebook page now, and spread the news!
PS. Love you. Does this give me extra points ;) "


Yes, sweet Erin, yes it does!  In honor of Cameron's birthday, I've made you a special present to represent your new family of 4.  I took a little creative liscense with the colors; I haven't been able to find the right size red beads, so I did two green ones for the boys and a blue and a pink for Stephen and you.  Hope that's ok!
I hope you like it!  It wasn't an entirely selfless gesture, mind you, I'm hoping this gives you a good reason to invite me over to meet the new little cutie after you guys get settled at home. :)

3. This is a different kind of "twist," but my latest project has been "twisted wire rings."
I got this inspiration from my new bloggy friend Kelly over at The Girl in the Blue Glasses.  A few weeks ago, she was doing a giveaway herself, featuring the art of her former student Megan, who makes {among other things} these really cool looking wire rings. You can find her on Etsy here.

If you know me at all, you'll know that of course I felt the need to play around and see if I could do something similar-ish myself.  My first attempt was with my dark purple wire.


Not as good as Megan's, but still fun, right?  This morning I tried again with some turquoise wire:


I do like it, but I still like Megan's better.  And it turned out just a little too big.  I haven't been able to find anything to wrap the wire around that's the same size as my finger, which makes sizing a bit tricky.  It also means that thus far I can't figure out how in the world to make them for anyone else unless I can see them in person and wrap or measure their finger...
Next, I tried a silver one but it looked too boring, so I added a few seed beads into the mix.  I'm liking it.

Aaaannnnnd, finally....

3. You thought the bird's nest was a really cute necklace.
TWIST: It's equally cute, if not cuter, as earrings and a ring!
The other day, I experimented with making mini nests and turning them into earrings...mostly because the blue beads I bought were too small...lol.

Then, this afternoon, when I put the seed beads in that silver twisted ring, it occurred to me that I could probably turn something similar into the nest.  I pulled out my rapidly decreasing wire supply and went to work.  Here's the result; it's my favorite of all the rings by far!


Well, that's about all the twists I can handle for one day. ;)  Little Crafter is happily napping, so it's time to log on to fox.com and watch me some Glee!  Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I Love all the rings...especially the nest one...They are all really cute...You are so creative...
    I'm sure Erin will love her nest. It's sweet.
    Her new little guy is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird's nest earrings and ring. The jewelry looks great.

    You should see if a local jewelry store has an old sizer you could have. That's what I am trying to do... if not, I am going to see if I can steal one from my uncle:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird's nest ring and the one with the purple beads in it is super cute too! And congratulations to your friends on their new addition---he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again Amy, you are doing a fabulous job with the wire work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these are so pretty! The birds nest is adorable, but I think my fave is the twisty one with the beads!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me.

{P.S. - Are you a no-reply comment blogger? It makes me sad when I can't respond to your sweet comments. To change this, go to your profile and check "show my e-mail address". That's it!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover